Expanding Opportunities for Young Families
Expanding Opportunities for Young Families (EOYF) is a multi-year, two-generation initiative funded by the Annie E. Casey Foundation to support young parents and their children. Currently, the initiative is led by three sites (Austin, Miami, and Santa Fe) that collaborate with local partners to pilot the effort. Each site is located on-site at—or works in partnership with—a local community college, where young parents are provided with resources, advising, and wrap-around services (including financial, academic, and workforce supports and health care and housing services) to bolster their postsecondary education success.
EOYF has five primary objectives:
- Promote and prioritize equity for young student parents of color.
- Engage, empower, and connect young parents with resources and services, and with each other.
- Partner with community organizations to build better systems of support for young parents.
- Improve access to postsecondary opportunity pathways for young parents.
- Support young adults in their roles as parents and providers.
Child Trends supports and guides the EOYF sites and overall initiative by: (1) assessing, providing, and brokering technical assistance (TA); (2) identifying opportunities for cross-site convenings and information sharing forums; and (3) supporting the dissemination of promising practices and approaches.
Principal Investigator: Zakia Redd
Project Director: Manica F. Ramos
Parenting student expert: Renee Ryberg
Analyst: Jessica Warren