Our Approach to Policy and Practice
With our team of social scientists, researchers, evaluators, and communicators, Child Trends boasts expertise and experience across three key areas:
Rigorous research, evaluations, and data and policy analysis on children, adolescents, and young adults—and the programs that serve them. Our team has extensive experience in the following subject areas:
- Child Welfare
- Child Well Being
- Early Childhood Development
- Hispanic Institute
- Marriage & Cohabitation
- Positive Indicators
- Program Implementation Matters
- Social-Emotional Development
- Teen Pregnancy/Reproductive Health
- Youth Development
Program implementation and technical assistance to help programs use evidence-based information. Child Trends’ technical assistance expertise provide youth-serving programs with information that addresses common challenges to their operations, including outreach and recruitment, communications, retention, program scaling, and sustainability. See this webinar to hear Child Trends staff explain the process of becoming an evidence-based program.
Strategic communications to engage key audiences and share information that can shape and strengthen policies, practices, and programs to improve the well-being and lives of children and youth. We provide an integrated set of communication services to include: messaging, writing and editing, media relations, graphic design, social media, digital toolkits, website design and management, and video production.
- Child Trends DataBank – Consult this comprehensive source for the latest national trends and research on more than 100 key indicators of child and youth well-being.
- What Works – Our up-to-date database of hundreds of youth-serving programs, with information on their effectiveness in producing positive outcomes for young people.
- Child Trends Hispanic Institute – A one-stop resource for the newest research into Latino youth and children, one of the fastest-growing demographics in the United States.